HIW COACHING AGREEMENT
Coaching agreement & expectations for all HIW coaching services
It's an honor to be working with you, and I look forward to our coaching relationship!
This is a co-creative relationship. I see us as equals, and I encourage you to do the same. I am not a therapist, counselor, or consultant. I am a trained coach using practiced communication and listening skills to support you as a detached thinking partner. Together we create more power for you to effect meaningful change and take dynamic actions towards your forward movement.
Please understand that if you are seeking to change something about yourself, it takes time. Most of my clients feel a positive shift as soon at the very first session. Unfortunately, that feeling typically doesn’t last, because many of the thought and behavior patterns we develop stem from childhood and are deeply rooted within us. Much like the time it might take to create a new path in a thickly wooded forest, the same is true for building new and neutral pathways in our brain. We will be working on new ways of reacting, responding, and perceiving your life. So, like the pushed aside branches that snap right back into place the first several times of forging a new path, you will likely revert back to old ways of being and experiencing in the beginning. At that same time, you will begin to become aware of the elevated choices and options available to you in each moment, and over time, it will be amazing to see how your life and relationships begin to elevate and evolve. If you’re serious about change, decide to make a commitment to coaching.
This Agreement will assist you in understanding what to expect, how the experience will evolve and justify your confidence in my judgment. Please contact me if you have any questions, regarding the following agreement.
Session fees vary based on the coaching service selected. Please click here to review pricing information.
1. As a client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental, and emotional well-being during my coaching sessions, including my choices and decisions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time.
2. I understand that coaching is a Professional-Client relationship I have with my coach that is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional, or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
3. I understand that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life - work, finances, health, relationships, education, and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporating coaching into those areas, and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility.
4. I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment, or therapy. If I am currently receiving psychiatric care, I will consult with my caregiver to ensure working with a coach is in my best interest at this time.
5. I understand that information will be held as confidential unless stated otherwise, in writing, except as required by law. I understand that if I reveal information that involves physically hurting myself or others, the coach must report such information and/or refer to mental health professionals accordingly.
6. I understand certain topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with coaching professionals or clients for training, educations, or consultation purposes, and that Judy M. Williams - HIW Coaching will take great care to change any identifiable details to protect my privacy.
7. I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, or other qualified professionals. I will seek independent professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine, and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my sole responsibility.
8. Because professional coaching is not considered medical consultation or treatment, health insurance does not apply.
roles & expectations
You have chosen to invest in yourself; therefore, please make our coaching sessions a priority. Take the time before each session to complete and send the session prep questions (will be sent within 24-48 hours after each session). The session prep questions will help guide us in the next session. The most crucial part is for you to have an idea of what you would like to take away from the session..
Please be on time for every session. Depending on the location, sessions can be conducted in-person, by phone, or by video conference.
Come to your session centered and open-minded. Be willing to change your beliefs and patterns if they are no longer serving you.
I will listen closely to you, respond to what I hear, and ask questions. If I hear something in your voice or body language that sparks an intuitive idea, thought, or image, I will likely share it with you and ask questions about it. Often, these small nuances create the bigger shifts for clients. If it doesn’t resonate, tell me - I’m not attached to being right.
At the end of the session, if you do not mention what actions you are ready to take, I will make a coach request. I ask clients to stretch themselves, deepen the work done in the sessions by either journaling at home, taking a defined action, resolving relationships, or tackling things that feel incomplete. Some of the work may be in regard to self-awareness and powerful choices.
Between sessions, if you have questions, a brief update, or want to bounce some ideas around, you are more than free to contact me via email. However, if it seems like the contact will be better served as a session, I will suggest that.
All payments must be made at the time you book your coaching sessions online at www.hiwcoaching.com. My fees may be tax deductible as a business expense; however, I strongly advise that you check with your CPA.
Refunds, Cancellations, & schedule changes
I try to be as flexible as my schedule allows, because I understand emergencies arise. If you must reschedule, I kindly ask that you give me at least 24 hours’ notice.
There are no refunds if a session is not cancelled within 24 hours of booking. A partial refund may be given if you have purchased a coaching plan.